Keep up with the latest popular content on the web with Digg’s official iPhone app!
Lots of technology news today! The HTC Evo looks to be the best Android OS phone to date. It is scheduled to be released this summer, likely just in time to compete head to head with a new iPhone.
- Evo will run on the much sleeker Android 2.1. It’ll be one of the first US phones to sport the latest and greatest Android OS
- The emphasis on video is clear: the Evo’s got HDMI out and a kickstand for full enjoyment of the HD video it’s capable of streaming and recording
- The handset is centered around a 480 x 800 4.3-inch TFT LCD
- Snapdragon QSD8650 1GHz processor
- 1 GB of built-in memory and 512MB of RAM
- Larger battery than the HD2
- 8 megapixel monstrosity with flash capable of 720p video, and is augmented by a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera for good measure
- The phone features HDMI out (Jeremy says hello DVR)
- 802.11b/g WiFi
- 8GB microSD card.
- Sprint’s first 4G phone.
- EV-DO / WiMAX options for data.
- One other new feature is the Sprint hotspot app, another MiFi-style connection sharing number, which is obviously aided greatly by the WiMAX on board and can support up to eight concurrent users.
The future of electronic publishing is almost upon us and it looks amazing.
If you don’t say “wow” while watching the above video, you may want to check your pulse.
This makes a lot of sense but probably takes a lot of cents.