About this time each year like everyone else I start getting goal oriented and love to reflect on where I am in life. I like to think about where I’ve been, and where I hope to go.
I’ve even written a few letters to some of my more challenging years (very therapeutic by the way):
We should also revisit my 2011 resolutions to see how I did.
- Resolution #1: Be happy. How do I measure being happy to know if I achieved it? I won’t, I’ll just be happy.
- Yeah I killed this one, knocked it out of the park, owned it.
- Resolution #2: Have a healthier balance of giving and sharing of information. Read more, get information if it isn’t given. OK I won’t, I love sharing, but it is worth a try.
- Shared more than ever and didn’t take too much time to really improve myself so I think I failed on this one.
- Continue my 2010 and 2009 resolutions but let’s get specific and more reasonable
- Resolution #3: 50 consecutive push-ups
- Result: Fail, when Jeremy + happy = weak Jeremy. Jeremy + sad or upset = farmer strength Jeremy.
- Resolution#4: Run at least a mile once a week
- Result: Run? What is that? FAIL, epic, epic fail.
- Resolution #5: Create one new website
- Result: Yeah I did well on this one, actually created several, but nothing I’m too proud of or anything that is getting much traction yet.
- Resolution #6: Add more self created videos on jeremyperson.com, I’m really enjoying doing that
- Result: Fail, don’t think I did any this year.
- Resolution #7: Make my bed at least twice a week
- Result: Fail, hate making the bed. Never do, sue me.
- Resolution #8: Do the dishes 4 times a week
- Result: Yeah I think so.
- Resolution #9: Work on one book
- Result: No, didn’t really get to this one.
- Resolution #10: Christina and Jeremy date nights (like actually taking my Christina out) at least every other week
- Result: No but this did come up in conversation last night. I recognize we need to “hit the town” more often.
- Resolution #11: Mr. Tyler man don’t think I forgot about you. This year we are going to work on some computer skills, language, and continue your (OK my) love of baseball. Oh and we are going to play, play, play.
- Result: Lots and lots of playing with T-Bone, T-Dog, Tyler…
And drum roll please…
My 2012 resolutions are…
Let’s start with the “fuzzy resolution” stuff…the stuff you really can’t measure very well:
- Resolution #1: Share less, do more.
- I find I spend so much time sharing things with others that I’m actually not as productive as I could be. Same problem as years past but I’m slowly learning to cut back on giving and in 2012 I’m going to get all knowledge greedy on you all. OK I’m always a big talker but we’ll see how I do.
- Resolution #2: Music
- I’ve been using Spotify for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it. Ironically I’m listening to Pandora because I need some new recommendations for my Spotify playlists. Listen to more music, I absolutely love music.
- Resolution #3: Open source
- Keep my thoughts and actions open.
- Resolution #4: PHP
- Keep up on learning all I can, and doing all I can with PHP.
Alright and now for the stuff that we can measure:
- Resolution #5: Read a book a month
- Books. I have a large queue but I’m not taking the team to read them.
- Resolution #6: Drink more water
- Drink more of that H20 stuff. You know the stuff were 60% made of. It is probably a good sign I’m drinking water as I write this.
- Resolution #7: Write a book
- I’ve had a few book ideas, and I’ve even started on them but I’d love to get one completely drafted.
- Resolution #8: Push ups
- I’m happy, really happy. As previously mentioned being happy isn’t the best for my physical health.
- Quarter 1 of 2012: 15 consecutive push ups
- Quarter 2 of 2012: 30 consecutive push ups
- Quarter 3 of 2012: 45 consecutive push ups
- Quarter 4 of 2012: 60 consecutive push ups
- Resolution #9: Schedule a quarterly update on how I’m doing with the above resolutions.
Keep on keeping on…and…remember this is going to happen to us throughout 2012…
Happy 2012 everyone! Let’s rock this year…
Posted in single My Blog Posts on December 31st, 2011 by Jeremy at 11:14 pm with (176 views)